Welcome to your end-of-year myfood24 updates!
From another branded database update to launching myfood24 healthcare: here’s everything the team has been working on since July.
Our UK database:
September saw the addition of 15,000 branded items to our UK database, followed by another update of 8,000 products in December. Taking the total number of items available in the UK to over 88,000!
The myfood24 UK database now comprises:
- 10 of the 11 main supermarkets
- All 5 major coffee shop chains
- 9 of the leading fast-food outlets
Other new sources to myfood24 include:
- Popular meal preparation delivery services
- Sports nutrition products
- A new stand-alone database containing commonly consumed South Asian dishes
- Plus many more!!
Our French Database:
Our French database has an additional 11,000 branded items added, making the myfood24 French database almost 3 times bigger than the official French food composition tables.
We’re happy to announce that we have received our ISO27001 certification, which means that Dietary Assessment’s ISMS is fully compliant with the ISO 27001 standard, demonstrating we can reduce the risk of a data breach including security threats and cyber-attack, respond effectively to evolving threats and protect confidential information and data.
We are also proud to announce that we have also received our Cyber Essentials Plus certification and have met the Data Security and Protection Toolkit Standards.
The launch of our healthcare app:
After months of development, our healthcare app has gone live, with a number of organisations already using the dietary monitoring platform!
Developed using robust methodologies, myfood24 gives healthcare professionals (HCPs) the ability to accurately monitor nutritional intake quickly and easily to help them manage patients in a range of disease areas where diet and nutritional monitoring is required – including diabetes, obesity, oncology, gastroenterology, and renal.
myfood24: Research is now available to download on the Google Play store for use without internet connection*.
*Please note this is only valid for our UK and Peru database
HETT Conference 2021:
Despite another tough year with few face-to-face conferences in September our founder, Prof Janet Cade, attended the Healthcare Excellence Through Technology (HETT) conference in London.
Are you up to date with our latest blog articles?
We’re regularly updating our and channels with nutrition related articles. You can read our latest blog posts here:
- Nutritionist vs. Dietitian: What’s the Difference?
- Children’s packed Lunches: Do they meet the nutritional standards?
- Why is it important to have an accurate food composition database?
- 5 ways myfood24 healthcare can improve nutrition provision for patients
- How can myfood24 help to support and enhance international nutrition research?